Thursday, May 26, 2011

Don't you just love bracelets


I have a particular fondness for Murano beads.  There's something very special about them, maybe its their history or the way the beads are made. Or maybe its the fact that they're from Venice. When I first started, I would look for Murano beads that were in pristine condition. But as I continue to work with them, I've come to realize that there is a kind of beauty in the old beads imperfections. The various nicks and scratches they've acquired over the years add a luster that a brand new bead does not have. Its a badge of honor if you will and proof that they've been around awhile.

These particular beads are handpainted and if I'm not mistaken, there's a bit of gold foil in them.  As I didn't have a lot, I decided to make a bracelet....


A close up view of the focal bead
 And do you remember my 19th century Millefiori necklace? Well, I didn't have a lot left, but there was enough to make this beautiful bracelet.






A better view of the details
 Not bad for a day's work huh?

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! You did all that in a day? Love those beads!Your jewellery is beautiful!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bracelet is beautiful! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are just too gorgeous for words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for popping by my blog and linking up to the giveaway! I love the style of the murano beads you've shown, they are all so pretty and unique. Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beads are just lovely! I love the Murano glass to - so much talent.

    Thank you for joining Post Of The Month Club! XOLaura

    ReplyDelete